8 Degree Taiwanese Bistro
Filed in best taiwanese restaurant | June 27, 2017
For an authentic Taiwanese cuisine experience, give 8 Degree on Teck Chye Terrace a spin! Its menu features many of the Taiwanese well-loved street food, classics, desserts and beer, making it a good spot for a fix of salted crispy chicken, pork belly rice, bubble tea, and more.
- Simple yet delicious authentic Taiwanese bites: Allow your eyes to wander through its large menu, and pick a few dishes to share and try with your friends. The dishes are budget-friendly, and the portions are hearty enough to pass around. Among the favorites are Golden Salted Egg Yolk Prawn Ball, crafted with a light, crispy batter coating the succulent prawns, and Stewed Pork Belly Rice.
- Invigorating selection of desserts and drinks: Once you’re done with the mains, finish off with a sweet kick! Try the Shaved Ice with Red Bean for a smooth yet refreshing dessert to cleanse your palate. With drinks, 8 Degree features everything from bubble tea, to milkshakes, juices and beers. With prices starting at $3.00, drinks are an affordable addition to your meal.
- Pop-themed décor and relaxed ambience: Inspired by the famous singer Jay Chou, 8 Degrees is heavily themed after his album, with everything from hanging guitars on the walls to some pictures plastering the walls. The ambience is very laid-back, and provides the perfect atmosphere to catch up with an old friend for dinner.
The 5 Best Taiwanese Restaurants in Singapore
- Pork Belly Rice
- Salted Crispy Chicken
- Century Egg Tofu With Pork Floss
- Golden Salted Egg Yolk Prawn Ball
- Oyster Mee sua
- Bubble Tea
- Starters are priced from $3.50
- Mains cost around $7.00 – 13.00
- Desserts start at $5.80
AVERAGE PRICE PER PAX: $15