The 5 Best Steakhouses in Singapore
Looking for a top-class steakhouse in Singapore for your special occasion?
Those steakhouses are varied and inviting with beautiful selections of premium cuts, mostly sourced from USA, Australia, and Japan.
For a classic American steakhouse experience, Morton’s The Steakhouse is an ideal choice.
If you are more into Italian cuisine, Bistecca Tuscan has the famous Bistecca Fiorentina, done in traditional Tuscan style, and a good range of flavorful antipasti for you to kick off your meat feast.
Want the steak to be prepared differently from what you are familiar with? Lawry’s The Prime Rib and its signature Roasted USDA Prime Rib will satisfy you in a luxurious and elegant way.
To add a touch of romance to your dinner, SKIRT Restaurant at W Hotel Singapore that is nestled at the lush and luxurious Sentosa Cove, is more than perfect for your occasion.
And Fat Cow, a traditional Japanese steakhouse, is where you can get one of the best Wagyu steaks in Singapore. Its exquisite range of Japanese Wagyu beef and stunning interiors will give you a memorable experience.
- There are two prime beefsteak selections: Either choose a USDA prime-grade steak or an aged Australian beef, both are awesome by the way. However, the US steak selections are served in smaller slabs (6 oz. to 14 oz.) compared to its Australian counterpart which weighs 22-48 oz. So a small group of people may choose to feast on a 24-oz. porterhouse AU-beef steak, for example.
- Center–cut Prime Ribeye takes the spotlight: Order a center-cut prime ribeye for S$99 which weighs 450 grams to have the best medium-rare steak of the year. The meat is aged for 23-28 days, and is seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. The charred crust looks perfect and cracks crispy in the mouth. And you’ll be surprised by its succulent and tender inside.
- Good seafood for sharing: For those who want to complement the steak meal with a taste of ocean, Morton’s won’t let you down. Both the chilled seafood platter and baked seafood platter that include premium items like Maine lobster, Pacific oysters and shrimp cocktail, have their own lure to give your palate a piece of heaven.
- The legend of Morton’s dessert: Morton’s Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake with a scoop of ice cream (S$30) is a perfect way to end a satisfying steak dinner. The delicious chocolate fudge in the center will take the words from your mouth because the experience is just indescribable.
- Mortini Night: It is simply the happy hour at Morton’s The Steakhouse, offered daily from 17:00 – 19:00. This happiness is set by a glass of Martini paired with free flowing steak sandwich. At S$14.95, Morton’s happy hour is a steal.
- Outstanding USDA Prime Rib of beef: Lawry is famous for its signature roasted USDA Prime Rib that is aged up to 21 days to enhance the tenderness. Roasted slowly on beds of rock salt then served with delicious mashed Idaho potatoes, crispy-and-fluffy Yorkshire pudding and fresh, crunchy Spinning Bowl Salad, this signature is simply out-of-this world experience for those who love roasted steak.
- The illustrious silver cart experience: When the famous silver cart station is rolled out in front of you and gold medaled chefs artistically carve their premium prime rib to perfection, you will know you have arrived at the scene. Touch of theatrics? You bet!
- Original Spinning Bowl Salad showmanship: A waitress in a fancy dress will spin and mix crisp lettuce, baby spinach, beet roots, chopped hard-boiled eggs and crunchy croutons in a metal bowl placed on a bed of ice. The resulting sweet-savoury excellence is then served on chilled plates with a frozen fork. Simply outstanding!
- Royal tea reminiscent of European culture: Oxley private dining room in the restaurant offers a relaxing ambience for English-inspired royal tea, available from 14:30 to 17:30 (Monday to Saturday). A choice of artisan tea or gourmet coffee sets you for a refreshing start. Traditional morsels such as Shrimp Croissant and dazzling desserts like Banana Chocolate Parfait complete the high tea with pleasure.
- Majestic feel adding to the luxurious eating experience: The resplendent hues of brown, red, gold and champagne exude the old world charm and elegance. The dining room is decked with majestic four-metre floor to ceiling windows. Sparkling chandeliers simply adds to the grandeur of the restaurant, making it a sheer luxurious dining experience.
- Spacious dining room and panoramic view: The place spans an expansive area of 6500 square feet with a grand bar, main dining hall and six private dining rooms. Sit by the windows to enjoy a panoramic view of the bustling Orchard Road, which looks breathtaking during Christmas when the street is decorated with festive lights.
- Steak is seasoned and cooked in traditional Tuscan style: Lovers of Italian food would get this; steak is seasoned with salt and pepper and then cooked over charcoal fire. This leaves the meat perfectly charred outside and medium-rare inside, which is a bit different from other styles of steak found in Singapore.
- Bistecca Fiorentina: No doubt, the real crowd puller of Bistecca Tuscan is its signature Bistecca Fiorentina (S$188). Fans of steak can never resist the lure of deliciously thick cuts of Wagyu F1 T-bone steak (1.1kg). Served with asparagus and onion, Bistecca Fiorentina is generous enough to feed 2 to 3 meat eaters.
- Beautiful selection of antipasti: Need something tasty to whet your appetite before indulging in the real treat of the meal? This Italian restaurant offers diners a wide range of flavorful, fresh antipasti to start with.
- Warm and pleasant ambiance: Bistecca lives up to its Italian image with its interior décor and architecture derived from the classic Tuscan house designs. A small patio welcomes the guests, while the warm, woody dining area comes as a big surprise for a rather plain facade.
- An impressive beef selection: Whether it is Blackmore 9+ Wagyu, Tajima Crossbred Wagyu and Cape Grim Angus from Australia, Black Angus from Creekstone Farms, USA or Donald Russell Irish Aberdeen Angus from Argentina, the dining experience at Skirt is always remarkable with its amazingly luscious steaks.
- Famous Parrilla grill: A striking open kitchen shows off the chef’s culinary craftsmanship with centrally-placed Parilla grill. The occasional burst of flames from the grill guarantees a perfectly charred steaks with mind-blowing smoky flavours.
- Special glass-cased aging cabinets: Step into Skirt, your eyes would be attracted by the aging cabinets displaying choicest cuts of beef alongside specialty cuts of milk-fed lamb, saltbush lamb and venison. It is where the legend begins. Yes, the dry aging guarantees that your meat will full of flavours.
- Unbelievable array of condiments: The steaks here are served with seven condiments and three kinds of mustard that enhance the flavours of the restaurant’s already out-of-the world steaks. There are also six different types of salt, each adding a special touch to the meat dishes.
- One of the best places to have Wagyu steak in Singapore: Fat Cow is the top place to go if you want to devour the most succulent and high quality Japanese Wagyu beef. The restaurant famously sources its Wagyu from different regions of Japan to offer most amazing textures and flavours to tantalize your taste buds. Choose Saga Grade A3 for its tender and juicy bite, Ohmi Grade A4 Ribeye for its uniform marble or an extraordinary Iwate Grade A5 Ribeye for that melt in mouth experience and intense flavour.
- Gourmet lunch set at unbeatable price: Fancy a top class meal in this upscale restaurant? Don’t let the expensive a la carte menu hold you back. Just go ahead with Fat Cow lunch set, which allow diners to choose the main from a list consisting of 8 items priced from $25 to $48. Each set includes chawanmushi, salad, miso soup and dessert.
- Omakase experience: Feeling adventurous? There is Butcher’s Selection that displays different and the most unusual cuts of Japanese Wagyu daily. Leave it to the chef to choose the freshest cuts, cooking styles and his own sauces for a thrilling dining experience.
- Stunning interiors reminiscent of traditional Japanese steakhouse: High ceilings with dangling wooden sculptures give this place a dramatic feel. The wooden elements weave beautifully with shimmering bronze creating a relaxing, cozy environment full of warmth and radiance. The elegant design reflects the Japanese “Wabi-Sabi” concept where the beauty lies in the simplicity.
- Open Kitchen to see the magic unfolding: Sweeping glass walls leads to the open kitchen where you can see the skilled chefs working passionately with the finest ingredients to give you a world-class steak experience.