Filed in best halal restaurant | March 27, 2016
Located in the historic Kampong Glam, Bumbu is a small but good Halal restaurant serving Thai, Indonesian and Peranakan dishes at very reasonable prices. This antique-themed little gem is housed in a quaint shop house, celebrating the beauty of the past.
- Serving Thai and Indonesian cuisine with a twist: Want some Thai style Halal foods? Bumbu restaurant has a wide selection of Thai dishes with all-time favourites like Mango Salad, Tom Yum Seafood and Green Curry Chicken to please your taste buds. And let your palate travel without making a move by ordering some Indonesian signature dishes such as Tahu Telor and Beef Rendang.
- Charming ambience with lovely Peranakan antiques: The place is decorated with beautiful Peranakan antiques and photographs, collected by the owner himself. Marble tables and doors with carved motifs give this restaurant an old-world charm while Peranakan screens separating tables from each other create a private world for each group of diners.
- Buffet is available at below S$20: Bumbu’s buffet line features more than 20 mains and a wide selection of desserts. It is like a mini Asian buffet that offers foodies chance to sample a lot of beautiful dishes from Thai, Indonesian and Peranakan cuisines.
- Complimentary papadoms of two kinds are served after being seated. Free crispies are always a delight.
- Pleasant staff and quick service: At Bumbu, the delicious yet affordable foods are always accompanied by pleasant service. Staff is friendly and efficient, accommodating and delivering a pretty fast service.
The 5 Best Halal Restaurants in Singapore
Bumbu has a decent-sized a la carte menu with selections from Appetisers, Soups, Beef, Poultry, Seafood, Fish, Vegetable & Tofu, Rice & Noodles, and Desserts. A range of set menus, designed to cater for different group sizes, is also on offer.
– Tahu Telor
– Beef Rendang
– Pandan Leaf Chicken
– Tom Yum Seafood Soup
– Bumbu Salad
– Sambal Kangkong
– Steam Fish in Spicy Lime Sauce
– Fried Fish with House Chilli
– Fish Maw Soup
– Tapioca with Coconut Cream
– Steamed Custard Pumpkin
Bumbu has a relaxed, homely atmosphere with beautiful ornate furniture. Showcasing two dining areas, one downstairs with a few large tables and one upstairs in a high ceiling room, this 60-seat restaurant is a comfortable place for a leisurely dining experience.
Average Price/Pax: S$15
– No alcohol is served.
– Reservation is recommended if you are heading with a large group.
– Takeaway service is available.